Type: Re-Development with Alterations to Existing Buildings
Carnegie College, Dunfermline
To create the Advantech facility.
To convert a large redundant engineering training workshop to bespoke IT training facilities and specialist simulation facilities. To make alterations to science teaching facilities.
As lead designer working with a design and build developer invited to submit a proposal and approach in respect of the project.
The Consultancy Service:
Lead the initial design and build presentation to the College.
Both architects and lead consultant working with each of the facility leaders to identify and prepare the design / development brief.
● Creating a dedicated training facility for CISCO software.
● Creating a bespoke training facility for Microsoft.
● Creating changing facilities and a suite of simulation facilities for initial training in protocols for operatives working in the manufacture of wafers for IT industry.
● Creating student breakout areas.
● Creating staff office areas.
● Creating a range of computer work stations for general student access.
● Creating a range of other open plan student training / tutorial areas.
● Installing new services of infrastructure and AC facilities.
● Creating a new entrance vestibule and re-branding the facility including overcladding the building.