Job: Hillpark Brae
Type: Extension onto the Gable of the Property
Location: Blackhall, Edinburgh
Summary: A new client.
Commissioned from writing the brief, to design, to completion and occupation.
● A recent 3 storey detached villa by Mctaggart & Mickel
● The villa standing in private garden grounds which step down by one storey between the front and rear
● To create a two storey extension onto the gable of the property
● To reconcile the level changes both between the gable parking area and the two upper floor levels as well as from the mid floor level to the rear garden level
● At mid floor level to alter and extend the existing kitchen to create a larger feature kitchen plus dining and family sitting area
● To create a separate utility room
● At upper level to form an ensuite and dressing room off the master bedroom while providing a shared ensuite shower room for two adjacent bedrooms
Additional features included underfloor heating in the ensuite; natural lighting into the central stairwell and galvanised steel stair with treads from recycled materials linking the extension, rear garden and garage